Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mommy Sanity Project

After an extremely busy December and January, I am really working to find balance in our life. We have so much on our plate right now that it's easy to feel overwhelmed and anxious. For a time, I was even experiencing insomnia at night after waking up in the wee hours to feed Susannah.

Things are going much better now. I got an herbal pillow with calming chamomile and lavender to put under my pillow to help with insomnia. I am working on saying no at work and containing my work to 30 hours a week (I am on an 80% schedule but recently have been working 40 hours some weeks because of crazy deadlines). I started meditating and doing a little bit of yoga every day, even if it means waking up earlier in the morning and losing out on sleep.

I'm also trying to get more exercise. It's hard to find time for it because I don't want to be away from Susannah much on the days I'm not working, but it's important. We started going to a parent/kid fitness class on Fridays, and it is so hard! I literally couldn't walk after the first class. I've also been sneaking out occasionally to go cross-country skiing. And this weekend, Hilary and I took the babies and dog to the Green Mountain Club snowshoe festival. Lots of gear required, but what a great day!



Most of all, even when life feels so full and overwhelming, I am so grateful for this amazing gift:


No comments:

Post a Comment