Monday, May 30, 2011

Where Did the Time Go?

It's been almost four months since I last updated! Embarrassing. Let me explain. No, let me sum up:
March: Snow, snow, snow. Mud, mud, mud. Driveway impassible.
April: No sleep. Teething. Sick.
May: Recovering. Thank goodness for spring and sleep.

Yeah. March and April were really hard. If Judith and Rachel hadn't come to help out for 3 weeks, we wouldn't have survived. Susannah started teething a lot and got a cold, and her sleep completely fell apart. I traveled out of town to Washington, DC for two days for work. That was fun and I got to see some spring flowers and catch up with good friends. BUT, while I was enjoying myself, Charles was having a rough go of it. One night he had to sleep on the floor rocking Susannah against his chest because she was so upset. I felt very guilty that I was away while she was having so much trouble. That was rough. J & R helped us hold things together by cooking for us and helping care for Susannah day and night. Thank you, Judith and Rachel!!!

I was also busy arranging child care for Susannah. Our wonderful nanny, Lindsay, had her own baby in early April, so we needed to find a new arrangement starting in May. We've been lucky to find a local mom of a 1.5 year old who wanted to take in another baby, so Susannah's been going to her house three days a week. It's going really well. Susannah loves it and is learning to share her toys. She plays a new game where she hands you a toy over and over again.

Susannah's toy shelf:

No comments:

Post a Comment